Books My Constant Companion

I've always loved books, books have always been in my life as far as I remember, I'm not sure what started the hunger for reading but I've always been a vivid reader since I was a child, I remember the from Grade 1 I was the first to finish Umasambisane (a grade 1 story book) and I won the bible which I was a regular reader at the podium in the morning assembly I had forgotten about this illustration and few days I remembered:😆 and it made my heart melt and was grinning from ear to ear.

I somehow love the discovery and intimacy once you start opening the first page of the book, having to imagine the characters, make up their voices and all the scenery there's no other fun way to engage mind.

I've always said that entering the library is like entering the gold mine because there's so much gold to be dug there and it's always a therapeutic experience as I get to see world, other than my own eyes and see it in someone else's eyes. I've cried, marvelled, laughed and books have been comfort of my soul in times of confusion and pain and have and continue to enlighten me in my journey of self discovery.


I remember a song that I heard when I was a child when It was a national book week which says "A NATION WILL NEVER GO HUNGRY IF LEARNS TO DO JUST ONE THING THAT IS TO READ AND READ." I'll never forget that song as it continued to ring even in my adulthood.




Today in your busy schedule take time to grab a book and read and enjoy many benefits: mind stimulation, improve your vocabulary, stress reduction, knowledge expansion and entertainment.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Alchemist Book Review by Paulo Coelho

Lessons I Learned From The Alchemist- Paulo Coelho

Lessons I Learned From The Alchemist- Paulo Coelho