Lessons I Learned From The Alchemist- Paulo Coelho



 
                                        Lesson3: Purpose

"For several reasons. But let's say that the most important is that you have succeeded in discovering your destiny."
The boy didn't know what a person's "destiny" was.
"It's what you have always wanted to accomplish. Everyone, when they are

young, knows what their destiny is.
"At that point in their lives, everything is clear and everything is possible.
They are not afraid to dream, and to yearn for everything they would like to
see happen to them in their lives. But, as time passes, a mysterious force
begins to convince them that it will be impossible for them to realize their
destiny."
None of what the old man was saying made much sense to the boy. But he
wanted to know what the "mysterious force" was; the merchant's daughter
would be impressed when he told her about that!
"It's a force that appears to be negative, but actually shows you how to
realize your destiny. It prepares your spirit and your will, because there is
one great truth on this planet: whoever you are, or whatever it is that you
do, when you really want something, it's because that desire originated in

the soul of the universe. It's your mission on earth."
Ever since I was young I knew I wanted to be my own boss, I knew that I wanted to be a wealthy, I've always had fashion sense, when we played as kids my doll was the best dressed, I've always been a leader since primary, from Grade 2 used to be the one who helps my teacher to do mid-term reports and used to write notes on the board for the teacher, by grade 4 I was the one locking and opening the class, In high school I remained a prefect from grade 8 to grade 12, English was my favourite subject, anything to do with speech, reading, I was even a director and narrator to one of the school play, I was mostly the best speaker in the debate class. I've always had a sense of purpose since I was young, always exhorting people around me.

What I'm trying to say is all these things I'm still passionate about them and they are at my core, I have tried to numb them and get a normal job like everybody else but my heart kept longing and still longing to do the imaginable things I know I'm capable of , it's just that the society teach us about the career but not about our purpose, which most of us end up with a dim light inside us because of what the society expect and tells us what we need to do with our lives, we try to be normal and ordinary  and numbed of our purpose living from pay check to pay check, doing the job we hate, working ourselves to exhaustion trying to prove a point to everyone, yet there's longing and unfulfillment in our hearts because we have forsaken our calling, our pure true calling.

I'm not even near, I'm still scratching the surface, I'm glad though that I am moving towards the direction of my calling. It's never too to late to resurrect that inner child desires, you can start by just doing one thing at a time to gain momentum.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Alchemist Book Review by Paulo Coelho

Lessons I Learned From The Alchemist- Paulo Coelho